Tea Scoop ‘Chasaji’ Brass Large
These ‘Chasaji’ tea scoops are hand crafted by Artist Yoshiko Sakamoto from the Akita region of Japan.
This brass Chasaji is made by first trimming the shape using special shears.
– The edges are then sanded until smooth
– Using the fire from a burner, the plate is softened
– The plate is placed on a wooden base featuring a depression, then hit with a mallet to form the shape of the scoop
– The back side of the scoop is then tapped to form texture
– A grinder is used to refine the edges
– The scoops are then finished with a layer of beeswax to protect them
**As these are a hand crafted product, colour and shape may differ slightly from the product pictured.
Size (Approx): 77mm x 50mm
Only 1 left in stock