Thank you for your interest in purchasing items from Koto Tea. Payments on our online store can be made by credit card (via Stripe) or Paypal. The credit cards we accept are: VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, and Diners Club International.
All final payments on our store are made in Japanese Yen. For your reference, prices have been converted into your local currency based on a daily updated exchange rate. Final prices billed to you (in your currency) may vary slightly. To choose a different currency, please select from the menu below:
To protect your personal information, we follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Koto Tea ships from Kyoto, Japan to most countries worldwide. However some countries impose restrictions on tea imports and we unfortunately can’t ship to those countries.
We aim to ship orders within 48 hours (excluding public holidays). We offer two types of shipping for customers, handling is included in the following prices:
STANDARD REGISTERED MAIL (ePacket)
A flat rate of ¥750 ($7USD Approx.) for Standard Registered Airmail shipping by Japan Post
- Shipments are made by ePacket International Shipping
- Please note that a tracking number is provided for all shipments, however tracking is only available to SOME destinations
- Please note that refunds are limited for this shipping method (please see Returns & Refunds section at the bottom of this page). For shipping with full insurance and tracking, please see EMS option below
- Because tracking is not available to all destinations, we cannot let you know where your package is or exactly when it will arrive. Below is a guide:
- Shipping to Asia & North America typically takes 7 – 14 days, but can take longer (especially to Canada)
- Shipping to Europe, Middle East & Australia/NZ typically takes 10 – 20 days, but can take longer
Standard Shipping is available to the following countries (this list is subject to change at any time):
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean
British Virgin Islands
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
French Southern Territories
Isle of Man
Papua New Guinea
Republic of Ireland
Saint Kitts & Nevis
Saint Pierre & Miquelon
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Wallis & Futuna Islands
EMS REGISTERED MAIL
Express registered mail is sent using EMS (Express Mail Service)
- Orders can be tracked using the tracking number we provide once order is shipped
- Shipping usually takes 3 – 10 days but can vary depending on country
- Prices vary depending on region, please enter your address on the checkout page for an accurate shipping cost. As a guide:
- ¥1400 – Asia
- ¥2000 – USA, Oceania, Middle East
- ¥2200 – Europe
- ¥2400 – South America & South Africa
Please note: If available in your country, ‘EMS Registered Mail’ will become an option when you enter your address on the checkout page. EMS Registered Mail is available to the following countries (this list is subject to change at any time):
A – K
Ireland, Republic of
L – Z
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
IMPORTANT (CUSTOMS & TAXES)
Any custom duties which may occur in your respective country will be your responsibility. This is a particular issue for those in UK, Europe & South America which have strict custom rules.
**Please note – We do not falsify information on customs papers, especially price.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
In general, all sales on this Website are final. If items are damaged or go missing during shipping, we will make an insurance claim with the post office. If/when the claim is successful we will offer refunds based on the shipping method:
If Standard Registered Mail is selected, there is limited insurance available for this shipping method. We can only refund up to the amount of ¥6,000 ($55USD Approx.)
If EMS Registered Mail is selected, full tracking and insurance is provided.
**In the event of non-delivery due to failure to accept shipment, we will reship the order after it has returned to us (it usually takes about 3 months). In this case, the cost of reshipping must be paid by the customer.
DAMAGE TO SHIPMENT
In the event of damage to a shipment, please contact us immediately (within 7 days). Please take photos of the damage immediately upon arrival and submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll attempt to rectify the situation as best we can.
If you require any further information, please contact us at email@example.com or use the online contact form.